Links
Bono For President: Power of One; a brief review

Bono For President

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Power of One; a brief review

I saw a movie a year or two ago and it inspired me further to want to be a person who tries to (forgive me for this overused phrase) make a difference in the world. It's called The Power of One and it's about a little caucasian boy who grows up in South Africa. Of course, it has to do with racism and hatred and like most good stories, it gets it's life from the themes of the power of love and determination and sacrifice. It's based on a true story, and I don't want to tell you too much about it...but I promise, if you do yourself a favor and rent this movie, you'll want to run outside of your house and change the world. Other suggestions?

2 Comments:

  • A movie that has always inspired me and cut me to the heart is The Saint of Fort Washington. This is a story about two homeless men, their friendship and the harsh realities of being homeless in NYC. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. Also, Where the Day Takes You. This movie takes a look at the lives of a band of street kids who form a family in LA. In many ways this story is pretty accurate, but you know hollywood, they add and take away here and there.

    tiffany (friend of patrick and sarah)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:43 PM  

  • Hey-
    Reading Glamor, and there is a big article about fighting sweatshops-the main one being Forever 21. Thought maybe you'd want to write something about that. I think it's easy to forget that the clothing we love to buy isn't grown on trees. I know I have no idea where most of the things I buy come from, but I'm trying to be more aware of it.

    By Blogger Megan, at 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home